GorillazAshProgress GorillazAshProgress

The art is very impressive but this really is the bare minimum that's required to be called an animation. This isn't Portal material in my opinion and would be better suited as a collage in the Art Portal.

You're a fantastic artist and I'm interested to see more art from you!

johan86 responds:

Thanks for the review, this was not meant to be art but to show my art in Progress. I will try and not disappoint you next time. My actual artwork was a submission for the Jazza's COTM Style swap.

Venomss Venomss

Please normalize your sound output. This is a basic part of making web media.

Aside from that, shaking two venom figurines in front of a camera while they argue about pringles does not make for an interesting movie.

How to Protect Your Dog from Kidnappings How to Protect Your Dog from Kidnappings

Interesting style. I chuckled at the end, so keep it up I guess.

Gravity Pong Gravity Pong

Where is the ready button? Is it the red box at the top? I can't double jump that high.

GabeD3 responds:

Yes, it's the red button. The more you hold the jump key, the higher you'll jump.

4 Axis Political Quiz 4 Axis Political Quiz

Not bad, but I have a few suggestions:

Most of the responses here should be on a Likert-type scale rather than a simple agree/disagree. You might also want to add a weighting factor for the responses. Right now it seems like every question is equally weighted which is not a great assumption. Just as an example, I don't consider the minimum wage question to be of equal importance to the global warming question.

Did you write these questions yourself? Some of them are arbitrarily worded or confusing when parsed. Some of the questions are not political at all (e.g. flat earth), which was striking.

It would be nice if I could restart the quiz at any point or take it again after seeing the results.

The quiz could also be a bit more visually attractive but it seems like that's not what you were going for when you designed it.

Candlebeam responds:

Thanks for your feedback! I went with a simple agree/disagree model rather than a scale because I personally think people's self-assessments of how strongly they think or feel something tend to be kind of inaccurate; I wanted to force people to take *some* kind of stance, but for example if you say you "agree" vs "strongly agree" might just depend on your mood at the time.

Regarding the questions you said where not political at all: part of the reason I made this quiz was because I was unhappy with the scope of existing political compasses and whatnot - I think there are important factors in determining someone's position on the spectrum that are usually left out. One of these is the primitivism to technocracy scale. For example, I think that most people would agree that there's a significant difference between a secular dictatorship like Assad's Syria, and a theocratic dictatorship like Taliban-controlled Afghanistan. But what's the factor that makes them different? It's not authoritarianism; they're both clearly authoritarian states. They don't appear to have huge differences in economic politics either. I would argue the main variable that distinguishes them is that the theocracy is significantly lower on the primitivism to technocracy scale. Another example: Unabomber Ted Kaczynski carried out his bombings for political reasons; he was an anarchist, but if he were *merely* an anarchist how could you explain why he targeted universities and airlines instead of say, government institutions? It was because he was specifically an anarcho-primitivist - he viewed technology as the enemy.

So a question like "is the earth spherical or flat?" I would argue actually carries a lot of political weight, contrary to what it might look like at first glance. If you assert that the earth is flat, what does that imply about your views on society? Firstly, if the Earth was actually flat it would necessarily imply that there is a huge conspiracy to cover it up, therefore it can be assumed that the government, the scientific establishment, airline companies, and various other organizations are hugely deceitful and probably actively malicious. Secondly, it means that you approach gathering knowledge and determining how the world works very differently than a more "mainstream" view of things - perhaps, if you believe in flat earth for religious reasons, it's because you think religion is fundamentally more accurate than science. This idea would definitely affect, say, who you vote for in the next election. Anyway idk if you agree with me on this but this was my line of thinking.

QUIK QUIK

Unplayable on my 1080p monitor. Reduce the size so I can actually see what the hell I'm doing.

Battle of the Robots (FULL) Battle of the Robots (FULL)

A nice creation.

I like it quite a bit, apart from the maniacal lauging. It just seems out of place to me. Where did you get that idea, anyway? It could be made into a really cool loop for a fight scene, though. I couldn't bring myself to vote less than five for it, but I had to knock you down a review star for the laugh.

Great idea, and it's not such a bad title if you ask me :P

Quarl responds:

awww, you didn't like my laugh? :(

forest orchestra forest orchestra

Really well done.

This kicks ass. Really nicely put together and definatley a great companion to a movie.

bbopjones responds: